8.27.2009

First Two Rolls

My first two rolls of film came back from the lab today. Both were cheap, no, free from the guy who sold me the camera, Walgreen brand ISO400 film. I used Sam's Club's lab to process those and the price was very reasonable. I didn't ask for scans this time because I wasn't sure if the pictures would come out all right and now I regret it, well, at least for the second roll. Both of these have been expired for more than two years, but they still look pretty good. I used the first roll to do some test shots of my new bike (more on that later) and played with exposure settings. I actually wrote down what settings I used for each frame so I could refer back to it later. Boy, wasn't that a good decision. I learned a lot from my notes. The second roll was shot in a near by park, so mostly just landscape and plants. Some of them are quite nice, and the colors are beautiful.

Bottom line, if cheap expired film can look this good, a better brand will probably blow my mind. I am sold. Period.

Film rocks!

P.S. Will be paying the extra $$ scanning my film from now on.

No comments: