1.04.2010

Coming Soon - First Roll on F5

I finally finished my first roll of film on my Nikon F5 today. No, the picture shown below was not from this roll since I haven't gotten a chance to get it developed and scanned yet. Sorry. It took me a while to start using my new toy because I didn't have a decent camera strap and was afraid to drop it if I went out without one. Luckily, I got a really nice strap from UPstrap for Christmas (Thank you, Aunt Susan!) so now I am almost always with my F5. I even walk my dog while caring this thing. It's bulky and heavy, but I love it. I am sure I look a little ridiculous walking around town with this giant, but what the heck, call me crazy. My old Minolta X-700 is probably a lot easier to carry around, but I am just too anxious to find out how well the matrix meter work on the F5. So in the mean time the F5 is my point-and-shoot. I can't wait to share the photos on here once I get them back from the lab, but for now I will end this post with a recent photo of my mom shot with the Minolta.
Curious

2 comments:

碧潭的天空 said...

I like your photos a lot, especially the portraits. Your mom has a lovely smile you captured well.

Are you still carrying the F5 around with you? I imagine it is a bit less bulky than my Pentacon Six TL!

祝春天愉快!

Bridget Wang said...

谢谢你的夸奖!Yes, I still carry my F5 around almost all the time. Now that you told me about your Pentacon I don't feel so bad for myself anymore:)