6.10.2010

First T-Shirt!

New Red T
Yay!!! I did it! I finally took the plunge and made my first t-shirt. It took a year before I got the courage to try sewing with knit fabric. Thanks to Wendy Mullin's Sew U Home Stretch. She really made it easier for me to give it a try. And all I want to say is I wished I had done this sooner. It was sooooo much easier than I imagined. Actually, I think it's easier than sewing with woven since the stretchiness in the fabric made it very forgiving in terms of fit. The fabric was a bamboo knit from Joann's I purchased a year ago. Due to my weariness with knits I waited till now to use it. Again, totally unnecessary.

I am actually wearying this t-shirt backwards with the back to the front, but I like it better this way. I left the seams unfinished on the sleeves and zigzagged the neckline. Since it was my first try I wanted to make the process as easy as I could. Well, I am sold. You can be sure I will be making more t-shirts from now on.

No comments: